Friday, January 6, 2017

Week 21, December 19, 2016

Howdy!
So this tuesday was transfers! We have had some exciting changes here in the columbine area. We have a new Elder! Elder Bergeron is from French Canada and has been serving for 17 months. He is super fun and brings a whole new energy to the area. Its going to be a great transfer serving with him. We also got a new Car! or rather A car. We only have about 100 miles though so.... yeah.
This week has been full of fun and service. Mostly for the members we live with but a lot to those around us. We have cleaned apartments, walked dogs, participated in operation santa (Lockheed Martin adopts families and supplies them with toys for their kids.), shoveled a LOT of driveways, helped pick out toys for a toy drive, and helped our member put up their Christmas tree. I included a picture of the tree. Specifically the ornament I got them. They loved it and added it to the tree. They also label this as the "Angel tree" where they hang all the pictures of family and friends. So I am honored to be considered an "angel". 
So in explanation on all the driveways, on saturday we awoke and received a text from the mission office saying that all cars were not to be driven. So all our plans were cancelled. BUT it meant an amazing service opportunity! So we got to go shovel a lot of driveways. It was amazing!
But that kinda summed up our week. Its been so much fun! I Love serving here. 
The biggest highlight though has been Suzy Harrison! She is an amazing less active who has been inactive for forty Years! And it has been so much fun to teach her. She is so enthusiastic. And She knows what she needs to do. Reading the Book of Mormon. As we taught her one of the things that was so important was the Book of Mormon. In explanation it is important to note that everything we teach as missionaries can be found in the Book of Mormon. It is so essantial to what we believe. I love the Book of Mormon and am growing to love the Bible. They are inspired of God. I know that. 
Sincerely
Elder Lindh 



No comments:

Post a Comment