So this has been a crazy exciting week. Its been a lot of fun but a
lot of work as well. If anyone ever tells you that missionary work is
easy they are lying or crazy. Its just that. Work. But that being said,
its the most exciting, most fun, most rewarding, and greatest thing you
could ever do. I absolutely love it. I have gotten to meet all sorts of
amazing people and even in this brief time I have seen many of them come
closer to Christ.
So as I said its been an exciting week. On Tuesday we had an
awesome day. We started off with 2 hours of service splitting wood.
Fortunately the sister had a hydraulic wood splitter. Unfortunately me
and my companion didn't get to show off our muscles. 😉 But that's okay
because I am already sore enough from just riding my bike. So anyways,
after helping her we went home had lunch and did some training. We then
tried to contact people, didn't have a huge amount of luck with that but
we did contact a few people. Most of them though either weren't home or
just weren't interested. Which is sad that they don't want to grow
closer to their savior but that's okay. So then at 4 we had an awesome
lesson with a family that was baptized about 2 years ago. The mom is a
single mom with 3 kids. 2 girls and a boy. And she lives with a man
named Liam. Liam was more of a jokester and didn't seem to take things
too seriously at first but then when we really started the lesson he
seemed to have some awesome questions that really made me think and
definitely invited the spirit to testify of what we were saying. SO that
was awesome! then we had dinner with the Ramirez family who live right
behind us, they are amazing! Pretty laid back yet definitely have an
amazing testimony of the savior. So then we had a scheduled appointment
with the Hotz family but that fell through because sister Hotz had come
down with something. So we rescheduled for next week. Then after trying
to contact some potential investigators we had in the area we had a
lesson with the Smith family. The smith family really seems to love the
gospel but sister smith has to work on sundays and her son and husband
just dont seem really motivated to go without her. But we are getting
there! Anyway! We had an eight pm lesson with a recent convert who is
also a ward missionary. Sister Nail is awesome! She had some inspired
questions and we were able to help her to overcome them and answer them
through the scriptures. It was amazing.
Then Wednesday we had exchanges with the Orchard Mesa Elders. I got
to stay in my area and my companion went over there. So that was fun.
We gad a good day and also did some service which was fun. Then we tried
to contact a few people but again not much luck. Finally around 4:30
even though we hadn't contacted the person we were hoping to we went and
tried to tract the neighborhood. We were just doing that when we
noticed this guy outside working on his bike. Turns out he is a member
although he hasn't been to church in almost 16 years. We got his name,
Brian Matern, and address and phone number. It was awesome. Then we went
to dinner, which ended up just being fried chicken with ice cream
afterwords at the apartment. Then we had two appointments, both of which
ended up cancelling or just not being there. the First one had a sick
kid who had been puking, the other just didnt answer the door.... But
all in all a good day.
Thursday was awesome. We had breakfast with the Harts, a family in
the ward, and they had some friends over. We got to teach them and it
was amazing. Hopefully that experience will lead to them taking interest
in the church. Unfortunately none of them seem all that interested at
the moment. But there is always hope. Then we had district meetings
which went alright. I had to do training and teach the other
missionaries but I didnt make a complete fool of myself so it couldnt
have been too bad. After that we did some more service and then had
dinner with sister Dodge. She is a super sweet sister in our ward. Then
we taught DJ and Kathy, two investigators who really want to baptized.
There are going to be some holdbacks though... unfortunately they havent
been able to meet with the bishop so they cant get baptized when they
were supposed to. But we still have hope! Then we met with the roybals
who are AMAZING! they are super awesome and love the gospel! We are
meeting with them this thursday and we will invite them to be baptized
then. I honestly think they will accept so we might be getting a baptism
soon! then we went and gave sister Davis a blessing because she has
been having terrible migraines. And during the blessing I felt prompted
to say that "Heavenly Father wants you to know he loves you" and
afterward she told me that in every blessing she has ever received since
she was a sophomore in high school has included that same sentence.
That is almost 50 years of blessings. It was amazing to see.
So friday was pretty hard physically. We had to bike all over the
area and up and down the biggest hill in our area. That was lots of fun.
but we had a baptismal interview that Elder Tufu had to do for the pear
park sisters because Elder Tufu is the district leader. So that was
awesome to see the two boys get ready for their baptism. They were
hilarious! After one got baptized he goes "Pizza for Everyone!" like
they were just so cute and funny!
Saturday, we had an AMAZING DAY! We didn't contact many people we
had planned to but what was more amazing is that we had to stop by a
members house, and we ran into Brian again! once again he was out
working on his motorcycle. Which I might add is an amazing motorcycle
and I want one like it when I get home. 😉 Plus we had an awesome lesson
with a new investigator named Jade. We gave her a book of mormon and
she seemed super excited to come to church. Unfortunately it sounds like
she was unable to because she was dependent on her dad. So yeah. But
She has a desire which is amazing! We also talked to Brother Murphy. He
is a recent convert that was baptized just last march. He is 65 i
believe. And he has some of the most amazing stories to tell. He was in
the Army police at the end of World War II so he got to travel all over.
He also served in vietnam where he was assigned to protect ammo
convoys. He is super awesome and I wish I could see all the places hes
been. Whats super interesting is he has lived in almost every place I
have. He started mines and would get them up and running then move to
start another. He lived in Wenatchee, near Reno, and has been all over.
Every time I mention something about the places I lived he has a storie
about it. Its so cool to hear about it.Then we had a baptism, the pear
park's baptism really but we got to attend so it counts! and then we had
ward coordination.
Sunday was amazing. Always is. I love taking the sacrament and
being able to renew those covenants I have made. It helps me to remember
I am here to serve Christ and bring Gods children closer to him. It
helped me to remember the love God has for his children, and the love I
should have as well. There is also a temple dedication coming up soon so
the talk on that was amazing. He compared the temple to an embassy.
Just like in a foreign country, the US embassy is part of US soil. The
Temple is the same way. It may be on earth but once you step inside you
are really in a part of heaven. Its so inspiring. I love the temples so
much!
And then the craziest thing happened. We had a random guy walk in
off the street. He was interested in the church and what we do in it and
so he had come in. We were able to show him the last half of the pear
park's sacrament meeting and the ward mission leader came over and sat
next to him then introduced him to the sister missionaries. He loved it
and went to all three hours! it was AmAzing! and then elder Tufu had an
interview with the mission president to get a patriarchal blessing. He
is so excited to get it. I am so excited for him! I love my patriarchal
blessing and the revelations that in it. I love the revelation we are
able to recieve through the holy ghost and power of the priesthood. Its
amazing. I love it.
So that was my week. It was amazing and I loved it. One thing that
stood out to me is we visited a sister who told me that we need to tell
our loved ones we love them every chance we get. So I LOVE YOU ALL!
With Love
Elder Lindh
No comments:
Post a Comment