SO!
its been a bit of a hectic yet AMAZING week. The best part is we now
have TWO people on date for baptism!! okay so the truth is they
basically already were planning on getting baptized.... we just got to
be the ones who asked...... BUT THAT COUNTS!! ANYWHO! The other exciting
news is we have a new family of investigators. The ROYABALS! They are
so AMAZING AND I LOVE THEM!! The father is already a member although he
has been inactive for a while. But the mother and two daughters are not
yet members. We have only met with them twice but already I love them
and can see how amazing they are gonna be. The second time we met with
them was an accident of sorts. We were visiting a former investigator
and they were in the same apartment complex. We saw the daughters out on
the balcony so we went to say hi. And the mother, Rose, had so many
amazing and insightful questions! It made me have to stop and think. But
in a good way of course! So we are excited to teach them again on Thursday. We gave them a challenge to read the Book of Mormon and rose
in turn challenged us to find some of the answers we gave in the bible.
It was awesome! I love the work so much! its AmAZING!!
The
bike on the other hand..... is less so. SO in the past two days I have
had three flat tires. The first time I sealed the tube and just refilled
it. The second time I just replaced the tube. the third time..... well
its now a walking area. So.... yeah. But I bought a new tube so that
should be fun. Plus I will be borrowing a different bike from other
elders so hopefully that pans out and doesn't have as many flats. Anyway.
This week was mostly spent tracking down former or potential
investigators. The last elders didn't leave so great a record..... so its
been lots of fun and a lot of work. But that's all good!
Btw
for those of you who know who elder Gekeler is (I.E. my parents and
aunts) So the area that I am in, Melody lane, was elder Gekeler's last
area. SO I took over it from him. That and the day of p-day I was with my
trainer and he got a call from none other than Elder Gekeler. So I spoke to him on the phone. He is at 19 months so I doubt we will serve
together but really its a huge case of small world syndrome.
So
that's about all that I have for this week. It was amazing and so much
happened but I just don't have the time or the ability to tell you guys
all about it. There was just too many amazing things where I could very
clearly see the hand of the Lord.
So in closing I have to
tell you all a few things. 1. The Lord loves you and is aware of every
need you have. 2. I love you. 3. You have others around you that care
and are waiting to help. Reach out to those you love. They love you and
want to help. Let them help. 4. learn to forgive quickly. Its very hard I
know but when you let things go ultimately it makes YOU happier. I
promise. Be wise but be forgiving. Don't let others use you but also do't
be bitter. Its a hard line to walk. But it will make you happy.
I will close with this statement. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! No matter what. I love all of you.
Sincerely,
Elder Lindh
No comments:
Post a Comment