Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Week 40, May 1, 2017

Howdy all! So this has been a fun and exciting week here in the Paonia ward! We have a new elder and I have had a blast working with him. I have served around Elder Mataele for just about half my mission and am excited to now be his companion! He likes to work hard and so I expect we will see a lot more success in the future. In fact this week we had amazing success! We met with an investigator named Amber who we have not seen in about six weeks. Her husband Wyatt is in the military and got baptized so she has rededicated herself to being prepared to be baptized by him when he gets home from training. It has been exciting to see her become more excited and dedicated to really learning about the gospel. Another exciting albeit strange event was with our investigator Chelsea. She has really been struggling to make ends meet especially with her cancer and health problems. So she called us and wanted to talk. Fortunately we were able to take her to a members home and helped her find solace and strength and she was able to come to church on sunday! The biggest problem she is facing though is her ex Husband that lives with her. He does not like her meeting with us or her going to church. So I ask that all of you pray for him that his heart may be softened. His name is Russel and any prayers you could say on his behalf are welcome and appreciated. The other miracles this week is that we had 4 non members at church on sunday! We hope to be able to meet with all of them and help them come closer to Christ. Weeks like this is what makes being a missionary so worth it. I love doing this. Even though its the hardest thing I have ever done. I love this. And I love all of you for making it possible for me to come out and serve the Lord for these two years. I love you guys! Sincerely Nathan!

No comments:

Post a Comment