Elder Nathan Lindh's Adventures in the Colorado Denver South Mission. July 2016 - July 2018
Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Week 44, May 30, 2017
Howdy Y'all!
Today concludes the last of week five of this transfer. It was full of fun and adventure along with some sad news. So our investigator Chelsea has lost her house and is having a really hard time with things. I know she wants to come closer to Christ but is struggling because life is not exactly easy right now. We spent most of last week helping move stuff to her storage space here in paonia. Hopefully things change and start getting better for her soon.
Other big news is that we have 5 new investigators! the Hendricks family! They are a part member family where the father is a member but the rest are not. The strange thing is that She has a calling in the scout program. She loves it and has good feelings towards the church so she is happy to begin learning about the gospel. They have 4 kids, 2 girls, and 2 boys. The kids are all awesome and seem interested in learning more about the gospel. I sure look forward to teaching them more about the gospel.
Other than that it has been a slow and uneventful week. Although I have learned lots. A short spiritual thought for the week is that sometimes its the small things that make the most difference. Listening to someone when they have had a hard day. Telling someone you love them. These things can change someones life. And no that is not an exaggeration. Chelsea always is telling me how much it means to her to have someone who cares and is willing to help her when life gets hard. More than anything else I could do, showing her I care and that God loves her, has changed her life. Thats what I love about what I do.
Anyway I am sorry this is a day late, yesterday all the libraries were closed because of memorial day so I couldn't email. I love you all!
Sincerely
Nathan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment