Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Week 37, April 10, 2017

So this has been an excellent week here in the Paonia ward and I am so excited to see what lies in the near future for our area. 
Tuesday was spent at zone conference which was a lot of fun and a good chance to see some other Elders I haven't seen in a while. I learned a lot about how my message begins even before I open my mouth. I have to act, look, and talk like a missionary all the time because I am always being watched. People know who I am even before I open my mouth and if I don't act the part they will notice that. I also learned that my progression in the gospel matters as well. I am just as important to the Lord as my investigators are. I am here to help them but I must progress as well. I hope I can use this time to improve myself.
The rest of the week was filled with a lot of service and teaching. Our most progressing investigator Chelsea is now meeting with us twice a week and is just loving everything we teach her. She can feel the spirit in this work and knows what we tell her is true and powerful. She is dedicated to coming closer to Christ and knows that He is the most important part of our lives. I cannot wait to see her progress and come even closer to our Savior. She even made it through two hours of church which is impressive with all her health problems. After two hours she really struggled to even make it to the car so we were just so happy she could even make it at all. I know the Lord is blessing her for all the changes she is making and Chelsea knows it too! I cannot wait to see how this turns out.
The painful part of this week was an accident I had while giving service. Just as a heads up I am fine and my companion is hovering to constantly make sure I am alright. But to give you some background there is a family in our ward that are selling their house but not the property. So they have to move the house. This requires some rather hefty and strong beams so they have large I beams that they have been placing under the house. In the process of moving these I beams we had to lift one off of a truck to slide it under the house. I was given the job of handling the beam so it didn't go crazy when we lifted it off the truck. I had originally grabbed it on both sides of the end so to keep it from swinging too much. But at the last second I re positioned my hand so I had my hand between the I beam and the front of the truck bed. As the tractor lifted the beam it swung forward and slammed into the front of the truck bed. Or rather into my hand which was slammed into the truck of the bed. To give you an idea of what this means those I beams weigh about 2,000 pounds. Give or take a little. Luckily I still have all my fingers and they are not broken. My middle finger is a little tender and swollen but already the swelling is going down. And I can basically use it normally for little things. But lifting heavy things is a little harder. But by next week I should be fine. As a bit of advice, NEVER STICK YOUR HAND BETWEEN TWO HEAVY METAL OBJECTS!!!!! IT DOESN'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!!!!! Just a piece of advice though.
Anyway that was the highlights of my week and I am doing fine. I am so thankful for all of you and the amazing influence you all have been in my Life. I love you! 
Sincerely
Elder Lindh!

No comments:

Post a Comment