Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Week 36, April 3, 2017

Dear audience. 
It has come to my attention that this weekly documentary of my life has been rather sparse and lacking in details. I would like to most sincerely apologize for my lack of information and detail in these letters. I hope to improve the quality of these emails and also give you a better picture of where I am in life. I hope that you will forgive my earlier failures in light of my hopefully future success. 
To begin I would like to share a funny story. For those of you in my home ward I now have a Dog story. For the rest of you that do not understand, in my ward we monthly get to listen to a returned missionary speak about their mission and then get to ask them questions. One of the first questions is almost always, "Do you have a dog story?". The missionary then relates the funniest or scariest run in they have had with our canine companions. This week I had my first dog story. 
We have a member of our ward who owns rottweilers.  Very big and scary looking dogs. Usually we don't enter their yard because the dog can enter or exit the yard at any time so we are never sure if the dog is locked up. But I knew that the dog had just recently had puppies so figured it was locked up with the puppies in a kennel. I was proven to be incorrect in that assumption. So when we knocked on the members door sure enough out comes a ferocious mama dog. Its barking and growling so what does my companion do? Hides behind me and knocks harder on the door. The dog nipped at me in the leg but didn't harm me. Just put a nice big hole in my pants. So no harm no foul. The members called off the dog and locked it up but there go my favorite khaki pants. ( I have two pairs so I am fine Mom. Please don't try and send me pants!) I don't believe my heart stopped pounding until I went to bed that night. All in all a scary experience but alls well that ends well. But I now know my companion intends to use me as a human meat shield in case of danger. That's good to know. 
Another fun thing is that we have been walking a lot. We had to go to grand junction twice this month so miles were tight. But it led to a lot of interesting experiences. We have been stopped a bunch but random people who knew who we were and what we do. We were stopped in the store, and a couple times on the street. One of those was just a man trying to figure out how to draw this & symbol. It was interesting to say the least. But we got a lot done and have met so many people. I love being a missionary. I love serving the people here in the Paonia Ward. I love being a missionary who is sent to declare the good news of Christ. I love Christ. 
I want you all to know I love you and pray for you. I hope you are all doing well. 
Sincerely
Elder Lindh

No comments:

Post a Comment