The highlight of this week though is that I got to meet an Apostle
of the Lord. Jeffery R. Holland came to the Montrose stake and since I
am serving here on the western slopes I got to meet him and shake his
hand! We got to learn from him and I have never felt the spirit testify
so powerfully of the divinity of this work. This is God's work and I
only get to help it move along. I love being a missionary and look
forward to being able to further that work in any way I can. I love the
Lord and I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I could feel the Love Elder
Holland had for the Savior. It was overwhelming and tangible. I learned
so much. The biggest lesson was that this is not my work. I have NO
right to hinder the progress in any way. I have NO right to harm the
image the members have of missionaries. I may not be perfect but the
idea of a missionary is. And I have NO right to change that. It really
struck me that I have a responsibility to live a higher standard than I
have ever lived before. I love that. I love being a missionary and hope
to be able to live up to peoples ideas of what a missionary should be.
I think that is all for now and I am open to questions about that
experience but I cannot think of more to say. It was all so amazing!
There is something I neglected to mention, we got to go to
seminary! Elder Beck's last day and we got up way to early to be able to
have one last chance for Elder Beck to bear his testimony to the youth.
We also took some pictures of signs and murals from the towns we serve
in. We had a lot of photo opportunities on the way to transfers going
over the Grand Mesa which has some spectacular views. I hope you enjoy.
Then after Transfer meetings I had the opportunity to go by my
first area and see some amazing people. I went to visit the Davis family
because I don't get to Junction very often so I wanted to take
advantage of this chance to see people I had to leave behind. I had an
amazing time visiting with them!
I want you all to know How much I love you and how much I miss you and think of you. You are all amazing!
Love
No comments:
Post a Comment