This has been an excellent transfer full of progress fun and
adventures. This week in particular has been amazing and full of
miracles!
To begin with we found a potential investigator in an unlikely
spot. We were trying to find a less active that we had never met before.
While looking for her another women asked us if we were looking for
someone. When we told her who she not only told us the less active had
moved but where she had moved to. Then being the missionaries that we
are we of course tried to see if this lady (her name turned out to be
Bernedette.) would be receptive to the message of Christ that we have to
share. She not only was interested, she knew a lot of members of the
church and had taken the lessons in the past! It was awesome!
We also had an interesting experience with a couple less actives.
First we met with Keith and Theresa Hamilton who are a part member
family. Keith is the nonmember and has expressed no interest in
listening to the lessons in the past. But now is saying that we can come
back and share more! It was great to see how much he has changed.
The second was Stewie and Jennifer Byrge. Some converts that have
been really struggling to come to church. But we got to meet with them
and they are getting fired up and want to get sealed in the temple.
The only other big news this week is that elder Beck is leaving me
and I am getting a new companion Elder Zimmerman. I do not know him so
it should be interesting to get to know him. But that has meant that
this week was also filled with some sad good byes with the members as
elder Beck gets ready to leave. I am glad I have been able to serve with
this amazing companion. He has taught me so much about gaining the
member's trust and how to work with them. I hope I can keep that amazing
energy going here in the Paonia Ward.
I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!
Sincerely
No comments:
Post a Comment