Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Week 46, June 12, 2017

Howdy! So I have now been in the Belleview are for a week now and things have been totally insane! The Belleview YSA is totally different from any ward I have served in so far so the adjustment has been strange. I still miss my last area and all the amazing people and beautiful scenery. This new area is in Denver so not as many beautiful mountains all around. But I am excited to be here and to work here. My new companion is Elder Lunt, He is an elder that was in my MTC District. And already we have both been called Lindh, Lunt, Lundh, and Lint. Its like being in the MTC all over again. But He is a fun Elder and I expect to learn a lot from serving with him. The work here is different from most other wards I have been in because we have so many less actives. The Young single adults are often the age group who has the hardest time coming to church. But I enjoy being able to see these members come back to church and feel the blessings that come from coming closer to Christ. The crazy thing is that at the moment our only investigator just got baptized last Saturday so we have no investigators, and yet I have been going non stop since I got here. I have hardly had time to unpack we have been so busy. It is awesome to have so much to do. I love that. That is the best feeling as a missionary. That I have too much to do and not enough time to do it all. That means there are a lot of people who are coming unto Christ. And that is an amazing thing. I love being a missionary. This week as I have rushed around and taught so many lessons the thought that comes to mind is that the Lord's work is hastening on. That as a whole people are coming unto Christ more and more. It gives me hope in a world that seems to be full of hatred and violence. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. He is the reason that we can repent and change our ways. I love him. I love all of you and hope you are all doing well. Without you all I would not be here. Whether you were a mentor or teacher, a loved family member, a good friend, or someone I met on my mission I want you to know that without you I would not be the man I am today. The person I have become would not exist without the influence of such amazing people. Thank you so much. It means so much to me. Sincerely Elder Nathan Lindh

No comments:

Post a Comment